Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rainy Day Charleston - Two Weeks Left

Greetings Information Superhighway!

Hi, for those of you who know me, this is Kathleen. If you don't know me, I'm not sure why you are reading my blog, but my name is Kathleen and I am a junior at the University of South Carolina.

I am officially leaving for Europe in two weeks! I'll be spending two days with my lovely ex-roommate Beth before we take the train to meet Sarah in London. After that, in exactly three weeks, I will be moving into a 10-girl, 2-bathroom apartment in Madrid (wish me luck!).

I know that I'm really, really lucky and this is a great oppurtunity to learn, explore and have fun in one of the most exciting countries in the world! Hopefully I'll be pretty good about keeping up with this blog while I'm abroad, but you never know. I finally have a camera - it's tiny and pink and fits oh-so-snuggly in my bag! I have a Skype account (Skype name: kathleenikins) for anyone who wants to get in contact with me while I'm gone.

In the mean time, I'm hustling around town getting ready to go and spending as much time as possible with my family and friends. It's quite daunting trying to fit my entire life into two suitcases that meet airline weight requirements (Chester will not fit - I tried). In a few days I'm going to go say my epic goodbyes to Columbia. Thanks for taking the time to read this and check back for updates!

- Kathleen

P.S. If anyone thinks of a clever, snappy blog title, I will reward you with a packet of salted airline peanuts.

6 comments:

  1. Chester most definitely exceeds the weight limit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, airlines no longer serves those delightful salted peanuts. I guess too many people were allergic to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about "Kathleen's Mean Green Bloggin' Machine"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A suggestion: Hard as it is (and I know it is impossible) to pack your life into two suitcases, leave about half a suitcase's worth of room for all the Crap You Will Acquire abroad.

    So jealous, by the way. I miss Europe!

    Do yourself a favor and visit Copenhagen in the spring/as close to summer as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My contradictory advice: bring more clothes than you think you need! I got so sick of my stuff!

    Katie, you have gmail?

    Anyways, I'm amped about your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I deleted your facebook post because your blog has a direct link to my blog and I'm trying to keep this thing borderling incognito. IE I want you and my other three to four friends with blogs to read it, but I don't won't snarky lurkers like Banks to judge me--I don't want to be judged! Anyway I love you and you need to get your driver's license from me before you go to Europe. I imagine it will come in handy in the airport.

    ReplyDelete