Friday, May 1, 2009

Because Emily and Sarah made me feel guilty about never updating...

Greetings from a sunny Friday afternoon in Madrid! I know it’s been awhile since I’ve posting here and keeping in touch with everyone back home, but hello everyone! I hope you’re (y’all’re?) well. On the world stage, it was an eventful April: a Supreme Court justice retiring, a global flu pandemic, a Portuguese Water dog all made headlines. On a more personal note, I’ve had visits from family and friends, went all over Spain, and spent many an hour enjoying life in Madrid. I have tons of stories to tell that I won’t be able to fit in this blog, but I’m going to try.

Last night I celebrated my 21st birthday, which was amazing, since Madrid is a really exciting city nightlife-wise, especially compared to where I’m from (no offense, South Carolina). However, it was tough celebrating without everyone I love back home – I miss you! Plan on celebrating when I get back in June.

At any rate, I’m feeling a little under the weather, so I’ve pretty much spent today being lazy and wandering around the city, and now I’m going to go sit in the park and blog about April! So, there’s that, and check back soon for updates!

I’ve done so much this semester, it seems impossible that I’ve only been here for three months. I really wish I would have been more diligent about keeping up with this blog – it’s hard to put in cute little anecdotal bits when you only update once a month. Anyways, I’ll do my best to keep up!


True Story: This is what my room looks like right now. So, you see, the real reasoning behind updating my blog is to put off cleaning.


No comments:

Post a Comment