Saturday, May 23, 2009

Girl Freak-Out Time

On a completely unrelated note, I just had a terrifying moment whilst writing that blog post. I am in my lovely, albeit messy (see picture in earlier posts), bedroom in Madrid. Like many European cities, most homes in Madrid don't have air conditioning, which honestly isn't that big of a deal (at least not in my residencia, we were in a bar last night that felt like Columbia in the summer). I just leave my giant window open when I'm in the room.

Anyways, the world's most giant flying bug just buzzed into my room, causing me to go into shrieking girl time. Emily and I, being the bug-fearing geniuses that we are, trapped it in my room with the lights off, and then lured it down the hall by turning on and off hall lights (OK, so maybe we accidentally did this, point is, it's gone). I suppose it could have been worse, Emily said she once got a cricket and trapped it in an Aquarius bottle in order to release it back into the world.

If this were a different kind of blog, I would explain how this bug is a metaphor for facing you're fears or something, but this was really just a story about a bug and how I enjoy unnecessarily over reacting to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment