Saturday, May 23, 2009

Exit Strategies!

Ok, so I now officially only have a week left in Madrid. I am so sad to leave! This semester has been really amazing and [insert generic feelings about studying abroad here].

But for reals, I am somewhere between living in a country I love, visiting a whole bunch of new places, and going HOME (yay), so I guess I'm pretty lucky.

With that in mind, here's my plan for the next month!

May 30th - leave Madrid and fly to Lisbon, Portugal
June 2nd - leave Lisbon and fly to Geneva, Switzerland
June 5th - leave Geneva and fly to Berlin, Germany
June 9th - leave Berlin and fly to Tuebingen, Germany (by way of Stuttgart) to see SARAH!
June 23rd - leave Tuebingen and fly to London
June 29th - fly out of London and back home!!!

At some point during the week I'm in London I hope to take the train to Edinburgh, Scotland, but by then I might be too broke/burned out on traveling. Between the time I leave Madrid and the time I get to Tuebingen, I'm going to be travelling on my own, so that's kind of scary. Don't get me wrong, it's always nice to have a little alone time in a new place, but 10 days seems like a long time to be by yourself. My plan is to stay out all day and see the sights and then go back to the hostel at night and read/talk to people back home/figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. I'm nervous about being on my own (as well as carting around all the stuff I've accumulated this semester), but I think it will be an amazing experience! I can't wait to see Sarah (and hopefully my friend Caitlin from USC in London), and I know it's going to be an adventure!

That said, I really miss home and I know that I will be really upset to leave Spain (not to mention all the wonderful people I've met here!), so we'll see how that goes! Look for new updates in the next few days/weeks, and I'll see everyone after the 29th of June!

1 comment: